Paid or Free, You Are Our Hero!
Paid License Summary
Icons are licensed “per seat,” like most software. A single professional can use the icons for unlimited number of:
- Clients — for example, if you’re a freelance or an agency
- Companies — for example, if your company has multiple branches
However, a company should buy a license for each employee who works with the icons.
License Agreement (updated in December 2015)
- Internet and intranet
- Desktop and mobile applications
- Web templates
- Print media, ads, merchandise
- Editing icons
- Generate custom icon fonts
- Special terms for the templates sold on ThemeForest
Prohibited Uses for all Licenses
- Re-selling or sub-licensing of our icons to other companies or individuals
- Sharing a single account with other users (you can share collections though)
- PNGs in all sizes
- License file and invoice
- Downloads: icons in standard PNG sizes
- Web App and Desktop Apps support any content you’ve purchased
All Plans Except PNG Cobra
- Vector formats: SVG, PDF, and EPS
- Generating HTML snippets with inline SVGs and SVG sets
- Generating custom fonts
- Downloads: icons in several formats, including Photoshop smart paths
- Our source files in Adobe Illustrator — the same ones our designers use
New Icons and Support
The icons you’ve purchased are yours forever. You can access them anytime. However, support and the icons that we create in the future are priced separately. This includes:
- 7,000-10,000 new icons a year
- Web App and Desktop Apps give you access to all icons during your subscription
- Support in Chat and Email from our designers and front-end developers
Built-in Editing Tools
- Recoloring on the fly
- Resizing on the fly
- Generating HTML snippets
- Building custom fonts
- Dragging icons to Photoshop, Xcode, etc. (requires Google Chrome)
Icons8 App for Mac and Windows
- PNG of the standard sizes up to 512 x 512
- Recoloring on the fly
- Saving icons on disk
- Dragging to Photoshop, Xcode, Visual Studio, etc
We'd rather spend our days making icons and coding than figuring out licenses. It can get all get pretty confusing, so hit up the comments section if you have any questions and we'll help you out ASAP!
Extended License in Short
The license allows embedding icons in your apps and includes access to our API.
The license is an enterprise license. A single company can use the license for an unlimited number of products.
- Embedding icons offline or online via our API
- Allow your users to create documents and applications with our icons
- Allow your users to distribute the applications in any form, including commercially
Please attribute the icons and make clear that icons are provided by Icons8. Please make it clear that users can purchase their license for any use not covered by your license.
- Including icons in free form such as files on a disc. If icons are shipped with your software, they should be in a database.
- Allowing users to export the icons for use in other software. If they copy or screenshot it, that's fine.
- Everything that is included in a standard license
- Access via our API to all icons in all available formats
At the time of purchase
Once you purchase the license, it includes:
- Access to our API for one year
- Access to new icons that we create for one year
- Up to 4 hours of support with our backend developers
After one year
The icons you’ve purchased are yours forever. After one year you can continue to:
- Distribute software with with these icons
- Develop new versions with these icons
However, access to API, new icons that we create in the future, and support are priced separately. Currently it’s priced at $499/year.
We guarantee that we’ll not raise the price of annual support after you purchase the license. As the years pass you’ll still pay the same low price, similar to the New York City old-time tenants who rent apartments for $300/month.